Role – Pick a role, listed above, to focus on (director, musician, coder, etc. refer back to Career Exploration work)
My goal for this session is to be a musician and performer.
SMART Goal – What is your SMART goal?
by April 30, as a part of my melody project and to better understand melody, i will have created a song with a good melody behind it that is different than my other melodies, this will show over the next week
Why – Why do you want to achieve it?
i want to achieve it because i wanna create something different and fun, instead of being sad and gloomy. i will show something someone would want to listen to.
How – How will you achieve it?
how i will achieve this is by playing around with my instruments and finding something that fits and i can write lyrics to, or just finish the melody and work with it.
When – When will you work on it? 3 times a week? What days? How long per day?
i will be working on it everyday so i can get a better understanding of what i wanna work on and what sounds good to compose.
Resources – What resources do you need / will you use?
i will probably use songs i like to listen to and see what chords they use and a chart of chords i can do.
Milestones – What smaller goals will you set along the way? Set weekly dates on a calendar. These are little celebrations of progress
- day one, i want to look at chords of artist i like and play their songs, writing down chords i can use and looking at a chord chart to see what other chords i wanna use.
- day two, i will study the notes that i decided to write down and see if i know how to play them or learn how to play them.
- day three, practice the chords till i can get them down and fiddle with the chords to make a chords progression.
- day four, mess around and find the chords i wanna use in the melody and create that structure.
- day five, write down the chords I’m gonna use and record lyrics that could go with it and listen to it and find the lyrics to go with if i chose to do that.
- day six, record the song and post it on Soundcloud and send Leduc.
Heroines / Heroes – Who do you admire/ look up to that has done this before? Place their name(s) and a link to more info about them. Maybe Wikipedia?
Someone i really admire is Conan Gray, i really admire him because his songs are really inspirational and it makes me wanna write songs.